You have a pest control company that you wish to promote online. Like most other exterminators, you may not have the in-house expertise to handle your marketing campaign. You have two obvious choices – Either hire marketing experts on payroll, or get an agency for the job. The latter may make more sense economically. In this post, we are sharing a basic overview of how to start marketing for pest control companies.
Know the core marketing mix
The basics of online marketing remain the same for most industries and niches. What changes is the approach to the project. The marketing mix for your pest control company should include the following –
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Search engine marketing, or PPC
- Social media marketing
While SEO helps in bringing organic traffic to a website, PPC can get leads. Social media marketing allows for both paid and organic marketing.
Ask questions before hiring an agency
Before you hire any marketing firm for your pest control company, ask questions –
- How long have you been working with exterminators and pest control businesses?
- What is your usual strategy for online marketing for exterminators?
- Will you offer a free website audit?
- Can you share a few references?
- Do you offer comprehensive marketing services, including PPC and SMM?
- How do you charge for your marketing services?
- Can we expect regular reports on SEO?
- Do you specialize in website designing, as well?
- How many clients do you have currently?
- Who will work on my marketing project?
Knowing the team of experts from the agency is important. If the agency offers an estimate, make sure to check what is included.
It is okay if you don’t understand marketing and SEO in depth, but staying involved with the agency is necessary. Make sure that the reports sent by them give a clear picture on how your exterminator website is performing, and don’t shy away from asking questions. Also, it is in your best interest that you don’t go for a long-term contract right away. Try and test the agency for at least six months and take a call after the end of your contract. Keep in mind that SEO can take time, so don’t believe in any secret sauce.
Finding a list of best-rated marketing firms for pest control businesses doesn’t have to be hard. Consider hiring an agency that has the time and team capability to deliver on your expectations and goals.